Saturday, 25 July 2026

Help with building a good pool / dryland split?

Hello! I got into swimming a little over a year ago and feel like I've made a lot of progress. I grew up swimming casually, but lately its been my favorite workout and is pretty much all I do, aside from walking.

But here's my problem. I had some weight gain from meds and life, and I really want to slim down and tone up. I am frequently jealous of actual swimmers' back muscles lol. I thought I'd ask the community for a good workout split to help build up muscles in the gym as well as in the pool. Usually, I swim 2-3 days a week, around 2000 m every time. I do freestyle, breaststroke, pull only, kick only, that kind of thing, but I don't have a background on a swim team or anything. I've considered it a win to just get in the pool as often as I do, but I'm ready for a stricter program to make actual progress.

So, hit me with it. What workouts should I be doing weekly? Any suggestions for things to do outside of the pool?

submitted by /u/Apart-Commission-783
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment