Sunday, 3 May 2020

Overcoming Fear of Water

Hi all,

I usually don’t post much....just lurk but being on lockdown and seeing all these posts about increasing abilities or learning something new got me thinking. I am afraid of water. I’m not hydrophobic or anything but I get really anxious when my feet come up or face goes in the water. This stems from an accident I had in the pool in junior high where I was under for about 30secs. Since then, I just avoided water. I have three kids and would live to participate in water sports with them and can’t imagine if something happened and I couldn’t be there. So I thought I would use this time to practice in the tub, slowly of course. What has worked for you guys, and are there any strategies for me to try? I would like to sign up for lessons at the local Y as soon as this blows over but I would love to build my confidence in the mean times. BTW, I’ll be 33 this fall but want to learn. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Cuddly_Cupcake
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment