I swim at a pool that only has 5 open lanes, typically they will be full of 2 or even sometimes 3 swimmers but there are a few regular older men who don't like to share because they claim they are too big. Even though the lifeguards encourage you to hop in those lanes, there is one that when you do split the lane with him he won't move over and will intentionally hit you as you swim by even though he can see you coming because he is floating on his back. I warned the lifeguard about this behavior but because they are underpaid teens they could not care less and I don't want to escalate the issue. Today I split the lane with this guy as instructed by the lifeguard because there were no other open lanes and he hit me 6 times on purpose, after this I just made sure to hold my form swimming by him with heavy strokes/kicking and he eventually relented and moved over to stop hitting me. I swim primarily for only 20 minutes after my workout once or twice a week and he swims for the entire 1.5 hours of the allotted open swim almost every time I go. I have confronted him before and he says I am free to share but he says I will get hit as he refuses to move over... is this something I have to put up with? Any opinions on this issue and what I should do? Am I the asshole for even wanting to get in the lane with him? If you have encountered this phenomena please share your experiences.
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment