I’ve been lap swimming for almost a year now at the local Y. I typically go after work, so inside the last 1-2hrs of the aquatics center closing on a daily basis.
It’s Summertime so there’s outdoor & indoor lanes available. In the outdoor, it’s a shared pool with open swim & splash pads. In the indoor, it’s a shared space with swim classes, water aerobics &etc.
Recently I’ve been reading & hearing that cyclospora spreads easily in swimming pools because it’s chlorine resistant, so swallowing water can spread the poop bug.
I’m less concerned about this for myself, and more concerned about my 2yo son, who loves the splash pads. We’re still working on putting our head underwater with eyes & mouth closed.
What are everybody’s thoughts on swimming during cyloapora? For lap swimming as adults, and also for pool days with the kiddos. Are there times in the day that’s safest to go swimming? Outdoor/indoor pools make any difference? Any tips to maximize safety? Anybody else second guessing their routines in public pools?
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment