Saturday 27 April 2024

Will I be able to do snorkeling?

Hi,

I am 34, male. I go to gym regularly with normal BMI.

I just joined a swimming class here in India.

its 5 days a week X 40 minutes/day course from April to September. I joined late so I will have May till September time frame to learn swimming.

I was always scared of water as a child and never got the chance to learn it at local water body. Drowning is very common here. kids just jump in lakes, ponds and drown as they are not expert in swimming.

I went to SEA recently and missed the opportunity to do snorkeling because I dont know swimming, even though there was life jacket, I was too scared to jump into the shallow water as a solo traveler.

I dont want to miss this opportunity again, thats why I am learning swimming.

At the swimming club, there is a 40-50 metre long pool. At one side its 4 feet deep, at other side its 6 feet deep.

Multiple people swim at once, including kids and adults.

there are 4-5 trainers always at the pool. So, I hope its safe.

Do you think its safe?

My goal is to learn basic swimming, floating, being able to do snorkelling in shallow waters or just be able to go under water to see corals, fishes which people usually do in thailand/Bali trip.

I dont want to be adventurous and dont plan to jump in river or in a strong current as I said, I am scared of water.

Question to experts, is the schedule good enough for me to learn basic swimming, paddling, snorkelling etc ? Also, being able to enjoy pool at a resort for a casual 10 min swimming session.

Any tips will be helpful. Thanks,

submitted by /u/here4geld
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment