I am 40y/o. I learnt how to swim many years ago in military conscription training and can do all strokes. I barely swam for almost the past 20 years but can still swim reasonably, I think?
Now because of years of sedentary lifestyle, a doctor checkup full of warning signs later, I decided to get back into fitness and decided swimming is the best cardio for me as high impact cardio like running is not for me.
Because of a tendon injury on my shoulder, doctor advises me to stick to breaststroke or I risk aggravating my shoulder.
For how out of shape I am, I decided to do the 0-700 before going for 1650. Today, I did it. I swam 700m non stop and thought I did pretty well since I was still feeling not very tired. It was then that I realized I may have taken it too slow as I did the 700m in 28 minutes which is like 4 minutes/ 100m.
Is this a bad pace for breaststroke as a workout? Should I increase my pace before eventually going for 1650? Granted, I am not swimming competitively but rather trying to get in shape. I swim twice a week and hit the gym 2-3 times a week.
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment